Friday, June 6, 2008

Prayer Request Day

I cannot believe it is Friday. I hate the week the work rotation hits where I get Friday off and have to work Saturday. I have to work today for Chick-Fil-A, we will be passing out free sandwiches for the Crusade for Children on the intersection of Hurstbourne and Westport Road. So, Michelle if you read this, I will be getting my train on out there today! Wow, I don't think I have ever walked so much as I have this week. I am pooped.

Today is prayer request day, but since I did not do a 'Question Day' feel free to ask your questions too. Ashleigh, I am still working on your question. Here is a link to a page that was really interesting to me and I think it might help you a little also. You can even click on the blue headlines and it will give you a further commentary about that section Now mind you the commentary is 'Matthew Henry's Commentary' and its older and it is not my favorite. But, for now until I can go to a bookstore and read a commentary I like, this is all i have to offer:: http://www.biblegateway.com/resources/commentaries/index.php?action=getBookSections&cid=35&source=2

Here are some of our prayer requests:

1. Stephanie Chandler as she serves in Iraq(former teen in our youth group) for 6 months.
2. Pray for moments of rest and relaxation this weekend.
3. Please pray for healing of two families who are going through a very difficult time right now: The Carder Family and the Hogue Family.

What are your requests for this weekend?

Have a great weekend everybody!

NChrist,
Susan

3 comments:

Healthy Chelle said...

Are we on the same page or what? My blog today is entitled "R & R"!

Anonymous said...

that link is very interesting, thank you for posting it.
I am driving down to a friends house tomorrow morning for her bachelorette party, so pray for my safe driving and "partying"!
Have a great weekend.

Simple Creeed Youth Ministry said...

michelle, we were totally on the same page, its pretty hilarious. But, you know what I think we are just both like 'man, we need some rest!' We cooh like that!