Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My new job:)

You wouldn't think your job would teach you lots about our walk with Christ, but mine did yesterday! I began at Chick-Fil-A yesterday at the Mall. Jenny, my boss, was telling me all about their marketing, which is what I will be doing at the Mall. She had this box of stuff and I got all excited because I love looking through boxes!

Basically, Chick-Fil-A's marketing is all about giving away. Can you believe it! I can't believe that everyday I just get to look for ways to give stuff away and make people happy. This is so biblical on so many levels and yesterday really impacted my normal life. How much do I give away, and if I do give it away do I give it away cheerfully and without the want of getting back. We don't get paid on sales, we just get paid to make people happy without the need or want of getting back. Whoa! That is radical!

I am especially excited about something I get to do everyday. It is the Chick-Fil-A Business of the Day. I get to go to a store in the Mall and tell them that they are our business of the day and give their employees that day free chicken! Yesterday we did the Body Shop and their reactions were awesome, they were amazed and that is the whole point! As I think about their faces and reactions now, I am realizing how I reacted and felt the first time I really grasped the free gift of Jesus Christ to me. Wow, if I and all of us would just be continually thankful for His gift the same way we get excited about free chicken and want to share that knowledge with others so that they might experience the gift of God; salvation through Christ alone. Please pray for open doors to share. Right now its all about building relationships and if God wants to open doors, then just pray that I will be an obedient child of God and willing to say what He wants me to say!

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK
Be looking for how you can partner with God this week in doing His will for your life.

NChrist,
Susan Luka

2 comments:

Healthy Chelle said...

Love how you can always bring things full circle, how every situation teaches you something about Christ, and most of all how you always share those moments with us!

Anonymous said...

Thats great! God works in wonderful ways! I'm very excited for you.

The best part is how excited you are, thats definitely a God thing! :-D