Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Craziness and God's Faithfulness

Wow, it has been an intense few days. Since Sunday it has been non-stop at the Luka house. Sheesh. I finally got to see down for a few minutes this morning and read Job a little. Ashleigh, all I know currently is that Chapter 3 is Job's Lament and that chapters 4-31 are Jobs dialogues with his three "friends".

Monday and yesterday have been so busy, and I am looking forward to actually spending some time with my hubby this afternoon. I did not see him until 9:45PM on Monday because we both worked and then he went to the Prayer Meetting at church and that went a loooong time. Then yesterday I worked at Chick-Fil-A until 1PM and then had to be at the library at 1:30Pm. My library shift was from 1:30-9:00. Michael picked me up and we were headed over to Ronnie's where Michael had been babysitting the kids. I had to go to Wal-Mart and by the time I was done and back to Ronnies, he was back from doing Prison Ministry. So, needless to say, I am pooped.

Chick-Fil-A started out rough yesterday. I did my business of the day and then I came back to start refills and second mile service to the customers. Well, there weren't any yet. So, I tried to make conversation with the crew, but that was really hard. They just weren't very talkative and I felt so alone. Then when it started to pick up, it seemed like every customer was annoyed that I was asking them for refills. Sheesh! I felt even more alone now and dumb! To make things worse, I have to walk around behind the restaurant to get refills and they are doing construction where the bathrooms are and all those construction guys are there and I just feel like I am being eyed like a piece of meat. ERRRRRRRRRR. I definitely got my work out having to walk to the food court and around the back to the restaurant to get refills. Thankfully, I saw some people I knew and after that things got a lot better. I just kept praying for God to be with me, to lift my head up even though I felt like crawling in a hole. He was faithful. The library was good, it was my shift with my crazy friend Kelly and it was fun! However, I was so tired during those last 30 minutes.

God was so faithful to me yesterday. I am learning and will probably always be learning to call on Him at all times. I lived out James 1:19 yesterday 'Be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger'. It was tough at times, but God was with me, using the Holy Spirit to guide me.

I hope all is well with everyone! Let me know your stories and how God is working in you.

Love to you all,
Susan Luka

1 comment:

Healthy Chelle said...

I was watching you from afar yesterday afternoon and you are doing such a great job interacting with the public. God love shines through you so brightly. Give it time. Soon you'll have regulars - people who come to Chick-Fil-A just to get an opportunity to chat with their friend Susan for a second.

Love you friend~