Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Walking with Wisdom

Hey everybody! Thanks for your comments yesterday and your prayers, I really appreciate them. Yesterday was okay. VBS seemed to be the highlight of the day. Singing the songs and doing games made me really happy. Chick-Fil-A is a love/hate thing right now to me. I love serving people and going to the different businesses. That is my fave part by far. But, I am so intimidated by the manager there and I get so nervous asking for samples(will he be okay with it or will he not). It's like I am always walking on eggshells in the back. So, right now, I am always nervous in the back of the store and am fine out in the Mall. I really, really hate feeling like this. My boss Jenny is really cool, I look at her and listen to her and she does a great job of getting the job done with my manager. She told me last week I have to be strong with him and not get underneath him, because he has a way of power playing people. Well, I am just not good at that. I feel like all I do is try to avoid him so I don't have to deal with his up and down moods. And then at the same time I am trying to learn to be brave in my speech toward him and with what I am asking of the crew(sampling, etc.). I am so thankful for learning and memorized James 1:19 'Be quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger.' Because by now, I might be rambling mean things or saying mean things to him or being really impatient with him. But, God has done a great work. I am trying to learn how to be brave in speech and also carry around being gentle and kind so that I am also viewed as a Godly woman. But I am finding in business this can be really tricky. So the verse I read this morning really comforted me because I can't do any of this without God, I have to lean on Him heavily everyday!

Colossians 4:5
Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of every oppurtunity.
How are your walks with God, what are you all learning? Would love to hear from everyone!
NChrist,
Susan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit disappointed in myself because I'm lagging in the "Quiet time" in the last few days! This was my inspiration to "get back to it"!! Then, I can hear what God is saying to me - right? Denise S.

Healthy Chelle said...

I hate that you feel stress at work. As I was reading your post today, I could feel that pain in my stomach that I used to get before school or when things were stressful at work. It doesn't make it very fun.

Praying that you do a blog in the near future talking about how you have had a major breakthrough with the manager and he is way cooler than you thought he was :)