Thursday, June 26, 2008

Giving away chicken is easy, but sharing the Gospel is hard

For those of you who do not know, I now have a PT marketing job with Chick-Fil-A. And yesterday was radical. It was like Christmas for me. I knew that our event on July 11 was coming and I needed some promo materials. So, I asked my manager where those might be and took me to the storage room and showed me a humongous box. And I was like, 'That's for me!!!:)!!!' I was so excited. So, yesterday I opened that box up like a Christmas present on Christmas morn. I found wonderful things to promo with. Cow headbands, a 5 foot cow standee, stickers, invites, etc. It was everything I needed to promo and WAY MORE! So, I spent most of the day going down one half of the mall handing out invites designed with the Chick-Fil-A cow dressed as cow. See, the event on July 11 is 'Dress like a cow, git mor chckn'. If you dress partially as a cow you get a free entree', if you dress to the hilt as a cow you get a free meal. Pretty cool, eh. So, I did that and people were totally excited. I was very fired up about promo-ing this event, because when I was opening up the box that morning my manager walked in on me in the storage unit and I was wearing one of the cow headbands. He was like, 'what are you doing wearing that?'. I said, 'I am so excited for Cow Appreciation Day, aren't you?'. He said, 'No, i hate this event. No one does it and its a waste of time.' ERRRRRRRRRRRRR, I just kept my mouth shut and vowed to myself that I want 100 people dressed as cows or atleast wearing the cow headband to show him. I found out later, my boss Jenny, had the same response from her manager and the owner of our Chick-Fil-A'. So needless to say we are fired up!

But, I started thinking this morning. I am more fired up about sharing an event, than I am about the Gospel of Christ. Just like Chick-Fil-A has given us everything we need to promo, I have all that I need to promo Christ too in my life. I am surrounded with unbelievers everyday, I have been equipped with the Word of God, I know how to share the Gospel, I have Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit to guide me and to open up doors for His purposes. I have a world who is against me, just like the managers at Chick-Fil-A are about this upcoming event. So, I really want to work on making sure I am just as fired up about sharing Christ, than I am about sharing chicken with others. My prayer is that chicken will be a means to share the free gift of Christ to others, somehow, someway. Jesus gives us the power to be brave!!

What keeps you from being brave about sharing Christ to others? Are you fired up about sharing Christ, or like me, have you found that you are more fired up about other things in life? Let's encourage each other to detour our lives onto the road less traveled. The road that leads us to a fired up life about Christ and sharing His life with others.

Love to you all today and God's peace and bravery to you,
Susan Luka

No comments: