Friday, June 27, 2008

PRAYER REQUEST DAY

I can't believe its Friday:) But I am soooooooo happy it is and I am super happy that it is my week of rotation that I work today and not tommorow at the library. This has been a good week and the Lord has been ever so gracious to me. He has taught me new things and I am learning to depend on Him at all times. He is my Rock and I am grateful!

Before I ask for prayer requests I want to share with you all a verse I read this morning from Jeremiah 9:23-24.

23Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches;
24but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things," declares the LORD.


It is my prayer for myself and everybody this weekend that we detour away from boasting of our own wisdom, of our own might and of our own riches AND that our BOAST will continually be that we understand and Know the Lord Almighty, that it is He alone that exercises lovinkindness, justice and righteousnesson his earth. May Christ be our continually BOAST to those around us and to our own very minds everyday.

What are your prayer requests?
Here are some of mine:

* A major unspoken. I need to see this person and this situation through Jesus' eyes, because right now all I am is upset and very confused.

*The Hogue and Carder Families. Keep praying for restoration in their marriages. For protection of everyone's heart from temptation and the power of God to heal brokeness.

*PRAISES:
A. I am finally losing weight. God used my friend Michelle to show me what I needed to do. Wow, what a Godsend she was. I have been trying to lose weight for 2 years now with only a 6lb loss in that amount of time and lots of exercising and eating well without results. The issue: sugar. I think with my low thyroid, my body just does not metabolize it well and with a slight elevation in my cholesterol the less sugar = the better.
B. Work with my manager at Chick-Fil-A is doing much better.
C. God is really working in the Hogue and Carder families.
D. God is faithful in providing work for our family. Man, God is so good!
E. I am learning to be brave with the aid of the Holy Spirit and I doing much better in the anger department and am continually putting into practice James 1:19 'Be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger.'

Have a great weekend of relaxation, fun and family time!

NChrist, Susan

2 comments:

Healthy Chelle said...

Love that you are seeing results. I can tell it is making you happy!

Praying for your major unspoken request. God will take care of it and take care of you!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you too! Pray for me to make my goals and WRITE them down! I'm really feeling tired and I believe it is from how I eat and lack of exercise, mostly! So, I need to keep reading blogs from two awesome ladies and GET MOTIVATED!! Love ya, Denise S.