Wednesday, June 25, 2008

God is so good

Well, I went in yesterday to work after writing that blog yesterday and spoke with bravery. I did what I needed to do and he did not try to power play me and that was nice. I still don't know about him, everyday is different with him, but I know the Lord gave me those verses and that inspiration yesterday because He had a plan for me. I am usually the one following, or atleast that is how I like it sometimes. If I am told to do something I usually do it, no questions asked. I am just laid back like that. I am not a drama mama. I like to be the most helpful and the least demanding of all people. So when my manager has disagreed with me or told me to do something different I have just said, 'okay' and then harbored bitterness in my heart towards him. But, the Lord wants me in this job for a reason, for some odd idea He saw me as capable for it and He does not want me power played. However, He also does not want me as a godly woman holding onto bitterness. Because that bitterness will erupt like it says it will in the Bible. The word of God says in Hebrews 12:15

15See to it that no one comes short of the grace of God; that no root of bitterness springing up causes trouble, and by it many be defiled;
I don't want to be that kind of woman whose bitterness defiles the many. Where I go around telling everyone my anger about someone and warping someone else's view of that person. I know I am guilty of doing that, but I am saying I don't want to be like that in this situation or others in the future. My job is to ensure that no one I come into contact with comes short of the grace of God. I instead, sacrifice by putting my big panties on and dealing with it and asking God to give me grace for that person. Wow, I can't believe I am learing all of this. I am suddenly so aware of God's lessson for me today and its amazing. In the last few months He has been shaking my ver foundation showing me the cracks in it and showing me how to repair them and I am soooooooo grateful! He is with us and that is soooooooo awesome!
So, my challenge to you today:
Show grace to all who you come into contact with. Especially, the mean of heart, the gossiper, the annoying kind, etc. Show'em grace and if your lacking it, ask God without doubting and He will give to you graciously what you lack. Hope to see you many of you tonight at VBS. I will be bringing the wacky hair once again!
Love to you all and I appreciate those who read my blog and who are faithful commeters, it means more to me than you will ever know!
NChrist,
Susan Luka

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally needed this blog today. It is so easy for me to get frustrated with my co-workers and start snapping at them or even avoiding them. I need to ask God to give me the patience I need to show them His mercy. Thank you very much!!

Simple Creeed Youth Ministry said...

No problem Ashleigh. I am glad when God teaches me something that is also used in the lives of the readers! God bless you and I will be praying for you that God will give you the grace you need to deal with your co-workers, because it can really be tough:( Have a great day!

Healthy Chelle said...

Jesus gives us the power to be brave!

EUREKA!

or if you prefer

A-HA!

Simple Creeed Youth Ministry said...

Nice one Michelle. I hadn't even thought of that yesterday! You go gurl, always bringing out the profound and that is what I love about you!