Wednesday, May 7, 2008

QUESTION DAY!!

Peeps, pose your questions that you have. Again, I can't promise that I can answer them, but the point is that we feel free that we can question and that each one of us can help the other (Michelle, I love how you tackled the question last night! Thanks for that!).

My best friend inspired this days topic. She was here last year and we were riding in my car down to the farm and she mentioned that she never felt like she could ask questions in our youth group growing up. Even though I didn't feel the same, it made me sad that she felt like that. So, I came home and talked to Michael about it, at that time, for the purpose of our youth ministry. I wanted to ensure that our youth ministry was a place where teens felt free to ask questions. I believe with the Truth Project and starting the NOOMA curriculum now, that we are accomplishing that. And on here, I want that same type of vibe. I don't ever want one of our teens or one of my readers telling another friend, 'hey, I don't feel like I can question anything in youth group or on susan's blog.' My growth in Christ has always come from questions!

Second, thanks for those who are participating in the contest, I am loving what God is doing in our Bible reading times! I love hearing the questions, the things you are learning! Wow, it is so exciting!

I am finding that the more I want to commit to the Lord to work on James 1:19 and other verses that my sin nature is right there and Satan is right there. It really eerks me. But, so far, I have just called out to God for help to overcome, knowing that God wants the best for me and Satan and my sin nature DON'T!

Keep up all the great work!

Here is my question: How do you all tackle temptation??


NChrist, Susan

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good question, I think it is hard because most of the time we don't know we were being tempted until afterwards. Well, for me at least... I think that I handle it with prayer mostly though. I find myself praying instead of thinking throughout my day. I think thats a good way to get rid of temptations.

Simple Creeed Youth Ministry said...

Thanks for sharing Ashleigh! I often do the same thing. I pray a lot and if I am at home, I surround myseld with good music and/or Scripture to help me combat it. If I am at work, then I try to talk to God and also remember Scriptures I have read so that they come to my mind.

I really like how Ephesians 6 talks about putting on the armor of God. Our pastor talks a lot about putting in on everyday. Just praying that God would suit you up in it! It is pretty awesome stuff!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that reminder Susan! I planned on us (the girls and I) reading Ephesians 6 and putting "the armor of God" on each day!

Our verses for the day - Matthew 26:6-13. I know that perfume was involved in burial prep in Jesus' time - and this story was so important that Jesus even spoke that it would be told with the gospel "13 I tell you the truth, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her." Pretty awesome!

Denise S.

Simple Creeed Youth Ministry said...

That is super cool Denise! Thanks so much for sharing!

Healthy Chelle said...

I do like both you and Ash do...I pray and try to surround myself with things that will keep temptation at bay.

While listening to good christian music it is hard to have evil thoughts!

Anonymous said...

Hey Susan!!!I tackle temptations from peers and such by "crying out for god" (does it bring back memories w/ your boring high schoolers).I really just ask for help and hope he comes and helps me out.See, Susan someone in your youth group listens!!! I also listen to music and sing to get my mind of things.

Simple Creeed Youth Ministry said...

Wow, taylor, thanks for contributing!!! I am so putting your name into the drawing for that comment you left! I hope you keep reading and get encouraged! Thanks so much for responding, it means more to me than you can ever imagine! You made my day!