Friday, June 13, 2008

Prayer Request Day

Bear one anothers burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ. -Galatians 6:2
Here are some answers to pray I have had lately, how about you?
1. The new women's bible study went very well last night at our church. I am so excited for Wendy Wallen to be teaching this study. God has really risen her up in our women's ministry and He has given her a heart for the women of Forest Park and I am excited to see how God will use her!
2. Even though Michael's business is slow, God is faithfully providing for our needs. He is so faithful, plus, he provided me with a new job = more income a month. He is so faithful.
3. God is healing hurt in many people.
Here are some of my prayer requests:
1. Well, here is another disaster currently happening: Cedar Rapids, Iowa is under a lot of water. The river there overflowed its banks and it is all over the city, much like Katrina with New Orleans. I was looking at pictures last night and it looks a lot like New Orleans. Those type of clean-ups are soooo hard due to mold and infestation. My heart goes out to this community and others communities in Iowa, because its not over yet. More rain is coming and 8 other rivers are about to overflow their banks. Pray for God's will to be done in this time.
2. I GET A WEEKEND! No work, no nothing. I can do whatever I want. I get to be with my man and I am super excited about that! Pray that it is refreshing and loads of fun!
3. Pray for our church's VBS program. It starts in 2 weeks or so and there is much to be done. Pray that we will really reach out to our community and the families within it.
Everybody, have a great weekend!
Tell me of your answers to prayers and your requests. I can't wait to hear from everybody!
NChrist, Susan

1 comment:

Amy said...

Please pray for the Shipp family. Our friend Ryan Shipp had a motorcycle accident and died from his injuries. The funeral is tomorrow. He was 29.