Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I finally got up early enough!

Wow, peeps. I finally got up early this morning so I could get this blog in before I head to Chick-Fil-A. I have been going to bed at 10(my husband thinks I am crazy, but he just didn't have 20 more hours put onto his week for work) and getting up at 9Am. And I have been sleeping hard. I don't remember anything from dreams and I wake up thinking I just got to bed. But, like I have been saying, I have just been praying to God for strength and his hand of guidance.

This morning I returned to some fave scripture of mine: Ephesians 5:15-21. In my Women's Speaking Class at Boyce Bible College I spoke on these verses and it was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed that class with all those other ladies.

Join me today as I learn to practice these verses in my daily life for the next few weeks:

15Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. 17Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is. 18Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit. 19Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, 20always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father. 21Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ
For the next week or so, I am going to work on living as wise instead of being unwise. I read Charles Stanley's 'Walking Wisely' and it was amazing and I think to get a hold on this verse I will read some of that book again. To live wisely means putting your knowledge(facts and stuf) into daily practice. It is good to know to love your neighbor, but wisdom calls for you to live that out towards your neighbor. So, living wisely calls for putting your knowledge into action so that the world can see Christ in us!
I hope you all join me in this journey. Tell me what you learn as you put it into practice.
NChrist,
Susan

No comments: