Thursday, May 15, 2008

That Glorious Appearing

First off - I am a dork and just noticed that I have my contest running through Monday. So, you have a few more days to keep trying for the prize. I will draw the name on Monday, the 19th.

I have had a lot of reaction to my post a couple of days ago about world events and Christ coming back someday. I just wanted to reiterate to always be ready. In our testimony time last night during youth group, one of our youth said he had a dream about Christ coming back and he woke up and was afraid. He knew he needed to get right with God and was thankful that he had such a dream that made him wake up spiritually. I don't want any of us to have such a dream as that to get it right with God. But, the theme that came out of last night was 'Be Ready!'. So today, if there are any of my readers who don't know Christ, please feel free to ask me about Him or how to get right with God. I would be glad to share with you. For those of us who are Christians, maybe its time we start preparing ourselves by getting closer to Christ through the Word, through prayer, through the fellowship of believers, and reaching out to those in need. Maybe it's time as Christians that we go and rock our world upside down. We were all challenged last night by each other that we have people we know who don't know Christ and we need to be ready to share the hope that is within us. Salvation ultimately is the work of God in a person, but let's just be ready vessels to share so that the work of God might start in a non-believers life.

The return of Christ will be Glorious one day. Whether or not we will see it, is no matter. What matters most here on earth, at this time is to do the will of God and to bring His Name Glory. We just need to focus on those things and let all other things fall to the wayside.

His grace is sufficient to get me through each day and it is on that that I lean daily.

May his grace supply all your needs and remove all your fears as you face this day and may you desire above all to do His will today and to bring Him Glory! -Amen



NChrist, Susan

5 comments:

Healthy Chelle said...

"May His grace supply all your needs and remove all your fears..."

I really need to trust in that right now. I am afraid I am going to gain weight. I know that sounds absolutely ridiculous but for me, right now, it is a real fear. I am stressed to the max about it.

I bet you can guess what my prayer request is going to be tomorrow :)

Thanks for being so committed to this blog, Susan.

Simple Creeed Youth Ministry said...

Girl I hear ya and you know what keeps me in check better these days...it's knowing that when I stress I am realeasing nasty cortisol into my body that leads to belly fat and I am like 'uh, uh,I am not gonna let that happen.' So, I just start praying or exercising to get my mind off it!

thanks so much for being so faithful a reader I truly appeciate it!

Anonymous said...

SO, I know I haven't commented everyday to say that I am getting my five in, but I am. And I am thankful for the challenge I am learning a lot from James.
And I know its only Thursday (very late thursday), but can I put my prayer request on now? I have the first test in my summer class tomorrow morning and I am a little nervous about it. I doubt I'll have time to post before I go in the morning so I thought I might do it now.
Thanks for giving me a place to lay it all out there! :-D

Simple Creeed Youth Ministry said...

We will be praying for you Ash! Good Luck and be sure to read James 1:5.

Margaret S. said...

Hebrews 11:17-40 The list of Christian heroes, just from the O.T., goes on and on. They accomplished God-sized tasks because of their faith. In Verse 2 of Chapter 12 Paul says we are to fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith. One thing I learned being part of a First Place Weight Loss Program was that losing and maintaining weight is a lot easier if Christ is in his proper place in my life...FIRST. When he stops being first, that's when I loss control. The spiritual, physical, and emotional support of fellow Christians within a First Place group is also of great value...the lesson books were great and we learned how to eat correctly and exercise. I wish I could find a First Place group here in Bowling Green....maybe I should call Lifeway Bookstore where they sell the F.P. materials.