Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Always Be Ready

Did you all hear about the 7.8 Earthquake in China yesterday?? 80% of the towns buildings fell down and nearly 9,000 people are believed to be dead. I tell ya, my heart is just breaking with all the destruction that is happening around the world lately. Really within the last 2 weeks. Myanmar Cyclone was about 2 weeks ago, and nearly a million are probably going to die. Just last week 37 tornadoes touched down in the Midwest of North America killing and destroying. Then the Earthquake yesterday.

I am not one of those doom and gloom, Christ is coming back tommorow kind of people. But, I am reminded of what Jesus says, "As he was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately saying, "Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of your coming, and of the end of the age?" And Jesus answered and said to the them, "See to it that no one misleads you. For many will come in my name, saying, "I am the Christ, and will mislead many."(Okay, don't know if you were watching the news last week, but there is a guy who believes he is the Christ! His son was interviewed on T.V. So, I look at this verse, and I am like, wow, there will be crazy enough people out there who will say they are the Christ and will mislead many. That is soooooooo sad to me.)

"You will be hearing of of wars and rumors of wars."(I think the two most pressing wars right now are the Iraq war, and the possible war that could break out in the Middle East against Israel. The bible says somewhere that Israel will be surrounded by her enemies and they will wage war against her. Right now, as I write this, there is a madman as President of Iran. His Muslim faith is extreme and he believes wholeheartedly that if he destroys Israel, then that action will usher in the Muslims belief of the 12th Imam(their Messiah that will rule over the world and will force all people to follow Shyria Law(Muslim Law) or die). Just last week he was quoting as saying, "Israel is a stinking corpse, that will be annihilated." His quest to go nuclear(don't be deceived y'all) is not for energy! It is for the annihilation of Israel. And right now he is controlling the countries around Israel to be ready to wage war against Israel when the time is right. But, let's read the rest of this verse....."See that you are not frightened, for thoset things must take place, but that is NOT YET THE END." (woo, sometimes I wish Christ would have said, 'and that will be the end'. But, no, he goes on. But, I am encouraged by his statement here, dont' be frightened. So, I choose not to be frightened. What I do choose is to pray for our leaders and pray for people like the President of Iran and terrorists. I pray heartily for their salvation. I choose to be frustrated enough to know that the only place I have to give my frustrations to, is to the foot of the Cross. For Jesus' yoke is easy and his burden is light. It is there I will lay down my concerns for this world.)

There is more to that section of verses. But, I think I am done for now. I know that my God is coming back one day. When that is, I really don't care to know. What I do like to look for, are prophecies that are being fulfilled as we speak. I love it when that happens. Why? Because its like Sha-Zam the word is Truth and what it says will happen, will happen! It is just confirmation for me that the Word is true and I can lay my confidence wholeheartedly in it. And God is gracious enough to let us have these to help us understand what kinds of times we are in. If God is coming back soon, we can learn that we don't need to be frightened, we can trust in God and His plan and that He will come soon. If God is not coming back until years from now, then we have the very promise to cling to, that He is coming back!

The point is: Be ready for whenever that is! Allow Him to clothes you in righteousness and to mold you into the image of His Self. What a beautiful picture that is! Just resting in Him each day. Finding your true joy in Him and in His faithful Word!

CHALLENGE:
1. Keep up on that time with God everyday!
2. Be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger
3. Always be ready for Christ's return and preach the Gospel to those who are perishing and leave their salvation choice to the movement and guidance of Christ. Just always be ready to give a reason for the hope that is inside you!

Much love to you all!

NChrist, Susan

3 comments:

Margaret S. said...

Psalms 56-57 These two psalms were written by David during the period that either David or Israel was being pursued by many enemies, just like today. David is full of praise for "In God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid". "For my soul takes refuge in You; And in the shadow of Your wings I will take refuge until destruction passes by." "Be exalted above the heavens, O God; let Your glory be above all the earth."

Healthy Chelle said...

I struggle sometimes with fear. Funny how some days my imagination can get the best of me and I can be afraid of some of the weirdest "possibilities".


Did some research on what the Bible says about exercise. It took me all over the place! I'd post more on here but then it would spoil tomorrow's blog :)

Anonymous said...

I read the 3rd chapter Romans today, atleast i'm pretty sure, I kind of forget. If i were to get up and go get my bible, then i could tell you for sure. But yeah, I kind of forget what it was about, therefore I can't tell you what i learned, all tho I know I learned something. By he way, sorry for rambling on about tons of nonsense.