Thursday, May 1, 2008

Get yo five in!

So, I am so excited that my friend and co-worker Kelly commented! Yee-haw. She is known as Pretty Pony and Batman and I am known as Ninja Turtle at work. Yes, we are weird, but it is great!

Well, we have a question we ask each other everytime we see each other. 'Did you get your five in today?' What we mean, is 'Did you get your five veggies and fruits in today'.

I want to put a twist on that for this blog.

How about we start a Five of our own.

The new question will refer to if you got five verses in today. Did you read five verses of more in that day!

And starting Monday, May 5th - May19th, I will start a challenge and the reward for the winner will be a $15 Gift Card to Lifeway Bookstore.

Don't worry, I will keep reminding you all and tell your friends about it.

Rules:
For everyday you accomplish the task, I will put your name in a drawing.
I will place an extra entry into the bowl for reading more than five verses a day.
I will place an extra entry in for people you refer to my site WHO LEAVE A COMMENT.

You must write down the verses you read for that day in your comment and leave me one sentence comment about why you read those verses or what they taught you.

So, in a day, you could get up to three entries into the bowl!

Remember, this does not start until Monday, May 5th. So promo it to all your friends!!

I love you all!


On another note, keep peniciling in that time for God and keeep working on the verse James 1:19 'Be quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger'.

Yesterday, I put it into practice and it was pretty awesome. I just need to remember to do it everyday! How is everyone else doing on the challenges??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ordered a Bible online so hopefully it will be here by Monday so I can get my five in! Any advice on where to start?

Healthy Chelle said...

Woohoo Ash! Glad you're getting The Book!

I am excited about this challenge!

Simple Creeed Youth Ministry said...

Me too. Goodness where to start, where to start. Proverbs is good. There are 31 of them, and that can equal out to a Proverb a day. The Gospels are a good place to start too. I really like Proverbs, Ephesisans and James. Hope that helps.

Healthy Chelle said...

I say James!

It is pretty blunt and easy to understand!