Thursday, May 29, 2008

QUESTION DAY

Sorry, I seem to be making Thursday 'Question Day' lately. Feel free to ask whatever questions are on your minds.

I had a great Wednesday! We had deer in our backyard and that was Radical! Our dogs went ballistic but it was way cool!

Youth Group went really well. We talked with them about our faith and is it impacting our lives first and then is it impacting those around us. As we wait and hope for the return of Jesus Christ we get the honor of being partners with God to make this world as He originally intended it to be. That was a huge statement Rob Bell said in the NOOMA video last night! So, our challenge to them was 'partner with God' this week. Be obedient to His voice and partner with Him in being used to make this world the place God originally intended it to be: full of beauty, full of holiness, peace, love, forgiveness, etc.

Then we went out to eat with the Firsts and Kramer and that was rad. But, I am really disappointed in myself. Matthew and Patty started to tell us what they did not like about the current curriculum and I got defensive. I thought I was doing okay, but I asked Michael later and he was like you got a little too defensive and I was like 'errr'. I did not do a good job of that first part of James 1:19 'Be quick to hear...'. See I am still working on stuff like that, will be for the rest of my life I am sure. But, I am going to call them today and apologize for being defensive. Thankfully, I think they knew I got that way but it did not hurt our evening. We laughed and kept talking after that. But, I feel on my part, I need to apologize.

And for those of you who live in Louisville. Chik-fil-A is giving away free chicken sandwiches and one free coupon for a sandwich on Saturday from 11:30-1:30 at the Dicks in Springhurst(close to Tinseltown Movie Theaters). Come and see me as I help pass out sandwiches!! Yummy!

Have a great day y'all and remember

PARTNER WITH GOD TODAY.

NChrist, Susan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again, there is one question I can't find the answer to on my own. I really like having a question day.

My questions is about Job. I read and fully understood the first couple chapters and now I'm somewhat lost. Like in chapter 3, Job is cursing his birth, wishing he were never born. Is this anger directed at God? I was under the impression that God allowed the Devil to test Job because he was so strong in his faith, but now he is cursing his own life? I'm a little confused about what is happening in this chapter and the couple to follow. Any help??

Simple Creeed Youth Ministry said...

Ashleigh, your summary of the Job story is very correct. I really want to look into this more for you. I will get on it after this weekend, its a busy one for us. In the meantime, I encourage you to buy a commentary on Job at Lifeway or a Christian bookstore. The one I am using for Genesis is Holman Old Testament Commentary. I really like it. Very easy to understand, not all this high theological jarble. About Job, with the little I know now, I think he is really reacting in a way most people would. I know I reacted much like Job in this situation when I ruptured my disk. I knew it was something allowed by God to test me and let's just say, after a few months, I was fed up, angry. I love being able to read Job in this situation because it shows he is human and not perfect in testing. He is reacting with raw, human emotion. Emotion I can now relate to. I will get back to you though about those chapters. Thanks always for your great questions!

Margaret S. said...

A message for anyone who needs encouragement. This world may be made up of people who make foolish mistakes, but this world is ultimately controlled by the God of Wisdom. The following was the message on a greeting card I received once upon a time...hope it reminds you of how important you are to your Heavenly Father. Share it with someone who needs it.

Ten Things God Wants You to Always Remember

I am for you.
I love you.
I believe in you.
I will bless you.
I will give you rest.
I will be with you.
I will not fail you.
I will provide for you.
I will strengthen you.
I will answer you.