Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It is Finished

Mom passed away last night at 10:14PM. All day her breathing had been rough, but around 10:00 it became evident she was not going to be here much longer and 14 minutes later she passed from this earth to the arms of Jesus. It all happened so fast and was very surreal. I felt myself leave my body for a minuted and just hover over us, thinking 'Whoa, what just happened. Did that just happen?' Then reality set in. Hospice came and declared her dead and then the funeral came and picked up her body. I hated it when her body left this house. You could feel something just missing. 

I fully know she is in a better place, but selfishly I want her back, but not as she was; just as my mom.

My mom showed grace through her whole fight. She told us in the beginning that God wanted to use this to show others His Glory and I truly believe that is what has been accomplished. Our family has united in a way I have never experienced before. Our strength has been a gift of God and His grace and mercy have been ever sweet upon our lives. In our grief we know she is in the arms of Jesus and can't wait for that family reunion one day.

How you can be praying for us:

1. I covet your prayers for my dad, as faces life now without my mom. Pray that our family will surround him, that their church would minister to him, that he would find community and that God's peace would cover him.

2. Pray for our family as we go through this, that we will be merciful, gracious and loving to one another. That in our grief, Satan would not gain any foothold of any kind. How I covet your prayers for that especially.

I love you all and thank all of you who have read with me, cried with me, encouraged me. Please, don't let that stop. Keep encouraging us, I pray.

Love to you all,
Susan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan, Michael and Uncle Chuck, Our hearts are breaking and aching for and with you. We love you each one dealry and will see you all soon.

Love, Audra

MNK said...

Susan,

Being out of the Louisville loop I haven't checked your blog for awhile and didn't realize the journey you've been on this summer.
My family and friends prayers are with you. Blessings to you and Mike - we'll be thinking of you often.

- Michelle & Greg Keyes

Anonymous said...

Susan - Love you dear!! We won't be able to make the funeral but know that our thoughts and prayers are with you!! Love to all your family!
Denise S. & Family

Anonymous said...

Susan, I was directed to your blog not too long ago. I am so very very sorry about your mom. She was a beautiful woman, full of life. I know she deeply loved you because she told me once. I will keep your family and your dad in my prayers for a long, long time.

Love, Natalie Dunaway